The MPL Reference department is pleased to invite all adults in our community to participate in our summer writing contest! No matter how much (or how little!) writing experience you might have, we encourage you to take a chance and try something new by sharing your stories and poems with us.
Here are a few of the contest guidelines:
- Both poetry and prose entries will be accepted, but they must address the theme: “My Hero”
- The contest begins today on June 15th, and ends three weeks from now on Monday July 6th.
- All submissions will be reviewed anonymously and evaluated for relevance to the theme, clarity of ideas, and creativity.
- Winners will be announced on July 13th!
- All winners and honorable mentions will have the opportunity to read their work at the Finale Event on Saturday, July 25th. All are welcome to attend!
Escape the ordinary this summer — enter the Writing Contest and tell us all about your real-life or fantasy hero!
For more information, please call the MPL Reference department at (956) 681-3000.
See the complete Writing Contest guidelines on our library website: http://www.mcallenlibrary.net/events/writingcontest.aspx