Come on by your favorite MPL location and enjoy the latest selection of books, CD’s and DVD’s recommended by our dedicated staff!
April Staff Recommendations
- Hit Man, by Lawrence Block. [Main Library] “An interesting collection of short stories following the life of an unusual assassin named Keller.” ~Robert B.
- Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned, by Walter Mosley. [Main Library] “Socrates Fortlow, a 58 year old ex-con who spent most of his life in prison for murder, tries to make a life for himself on the outside as he deals with poverty, racism and his problems of internal anger and self loathing.” ~Robert B.
Children’s Easy Books
- La llavecita dorada, by Roberto Aliaga. [Palm View Branch] “Para abrir tu imaginacion.” ~Maria
- Paddington Londres desplegable [Palm View Branch] “Un viaje inolvidable!” ~Maria
- Mi pequeña ardilla, by Britta Teckentrup. [Palm View Branch] “Un libro con colores ecologicos!” ~Maria
- Toes, by Pete Jenkins. [Palm View Branch] “A funny way of showing your child about their body and baby math in adding up their toes.” ~Joanna B.
- Nose, by Pete Jenkins. [Palm View Branch] “Show your class and babies about their bodies with this rhyming book.” ~Joanna B.
- Por orden del presidente, by David Baldacci. [Palm View Branch] “Interesante de principio a fin! Los personajes están tan bien delineados que el lector encuentra deliciosa la lectura. Veremos asesinatos, desvios, triangulaciones politicas, persecuciones, traición, ambición, amistad, fidelidad, envidias, y un dulce amor que commueve al lector.” ~Veronica H.
- Reflejada en ti, by Sylvia Day. [Palm View Branch] “En esta secuela de Desnuda Ante Ti, el argumento deja de parecerse a 50 Sombras Más Oscuras y desarolla un caso de asesinato.” ~Veronica H.
- If You Could Be Mine, by Sara Farizan. [Electronic Branch] “It gives you a glimpse of how life would be if you were a woman living in Iran.” ~Joanna A.
- Power bowls : 100 recetas para perder peso, by Heather Whinney. [Main Library] “Disfruta de la comida en bol, fresca y nutritiva, sin calorías ocultas, y adelgaza de forma saludable.” ~Ema
- El costo humano de los agrotóxicos, by Pablo E. Piovano. [Main Library] “Ensayo fotográfico documenta el impacto de 20 años de uso indiscriminado de agroquímicos en diferentes ciudades, pueblos y zonas rurales de Argentina.” ~Ema
- My iPhone For Seniors, by Brad Miser. [Lark Branch] “I think it is well laid out visually.” ~Sean
- How to Fight Presidents, by Daniel O’Brien. [Lark Branch] “I liked the introduction and I thought the was silly but sort of enjoyable.” ~Sean
- 1960s Austin gangsters, by Jesse Sublett. [Palm View Branch] “True crime, Austin – 1960’s.” ~John D.
- The Midnight Assassin, by Skip Hollandsworth. [Palm View Branch] “True crime, Austin – 1880’s; the nation’s first serial murderer?” ~John D.
- H is for Hawk, by Helen Macdonald. [Palm View Branch] “A non-fiction story about a woman’s unexpected loss of her father and how she coped with the grief using her love of falconry. A story of love, loss and the courage to let go.” ~Rolando
- The Whole 30, by Melissa Hartwig. [Palm View Branch] “Awsome…this books has great recipes.” ~Yolanda
- Thor. Ragnarok, Directed by Taika Waititi. [Main Library] “I enjoyed that it was funny and action packed.” ~Joanna A.