Your vote matters and is important! Every vote counts. The next national election is on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018. It is a very important election for Texas- it’s when we will be voting for our next Senator and Governor, among many other positions. The last day to register to vote in Texas is Tuesday, October 9th, 2018.
Check your voter registration status:
- If you live in Hidalgo County, you can check your voter registration status here.
- If you live elsewhere in Texas (not Hidalgo County), you can check your voter registration status here.
- If you live anywhere else in the country, you can check your voter registration status here. If you are not registered, look for the registration application on your Secretary of State’s website.
If you are not registered, you can find the application any of these ways:
- We have postage-paid and pre-addressed Texas Voter Registration Applications (in English and Spanish) at the McAllen Public Library. All you have to do is fill it out, fold it up, and put it in the nearest mailbox. It couldn’t be any easier!
- If you live in Hidalgo County, you can download and print the the Texas Voter Registration Application here, or request a postage-paid application to be mailed to you. You will need to address it to the mailing address that is listed on the website.
- If you live elsewhere in Texas (not Hidalgo County), you can find the Texas Voter Registration Application here. It is not an online application- after filling out the form online, you will need to print and mail it.
Important dates for Texas voting can be found here.
For all Hidalgo County voter information, visit the Hidalgo County Elections Department website.