Come on by your favorite MPL location and enjoy the latest selection of books, CD’s and DVD’s recommended by our dedicated staff!
December Staff Recommendations
- Midnight Riot, by Ben Aaronovitch. [Main Library] “A witty, intriguing supernatural mystery out there, with a superb cast of characters, a beautiful, diverse London, and one of the most entertaining, enjoyable main characters out there.” ~Alison
- The Long Way To a Small, Angry Planet, by Becky Chambers. [Main Library] “The writing helps draw you into the mindsets of the different viewpoint characters and the setting is interesting.” ~Robert B.
- Colette, by Wash Westmoreland. [Electronic Branch] “A biographical drama film based on the real life of author Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette.” ~Veronica H. Casas
- Cielo, by Alison McAlpine. [Palm View Branch] “Stars.” ~Maria O.
- Jurassic World, by Colin Trevorrow. [Palm View Branch] “Jurassic world theme park lets guests experience actual dinosaurs.” ~Marianela
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, by J.A. Bayona. [Palm View Branch] “It’s been 3 years since the theme park and luxury resort was destroyed.” ~Marianela
- Bringing Down the Duke, by Evie Dunmore. [Electronic Branch] “This is a fantastic historical romance that has it all. Romance, a strong and fearless heroine, great historical detail and accuracy, and it’s well-written!” ~Julia
Children’s Easy Books
- Clear Moon, Snow Soon, by Tony Johnston. [Palm View Branch] “A beautiful book filled with beautiful pictures. A story about getting excited for Christmas!” ~Stephany
- I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown!, by Jim Thomas. [Palm View Branch] “A classic book filled with laughter and a fun book to read for the holidays! Children will love to read and see Snoopy the dog and other fun characters.” ~Stephany
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Treasury for Kids [Palm View Branch] “Christmas!” ~Maria O.
- Little Kids First Big Book of Science, by Kathleen W. Zoehfeld. [Lark Branch] “I like the illustrations and I like the layout.” ~Sean
- The Night Flower, by Lara Hawthorne. [Main Library] “A beautiful and informative book about a rare event in Arizona, the blooming of the night flower!” ~Heather
- The Brain, by Tory Woollcott. [Lark Branch] “I like this series and this book is pretty informative but still a bit silly.” ~Sean
- Neon Words, by Marge Pellegrino. [Lark Branch] “I like some of the advice and I think the book is well organized.” ~Sean
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, by Jules Verne. [Main Library] “Retells the adventures of a French professor and his two companions as they sail above and below the world’s oceans as prisoners on the fabulous electric submarine of the deranged Captain Nemo.” ~Gabriel
Children’s Graphic Novels
- Polar Bears: Survival On Ice, by Jason Viola [Lark Branch] “I like the art and I like the overall format.” ~Sean
- The Storm In The Barn, by Matt Phelan. [Main Library] “One of the few children’s books that tackles life in the Dust Bowl, this is an award-winning graphic novel that is light on words but heavy in emotion. A great read for kids and adults alike.” ~Heather